To create a beautiful, safe and functional environment within the Hutt Valley and elsewhere, through community action and pride by:
- Changing the attitudes and behaviour of visitors to and the residents of The Hutt Valley so that littering, the discarding of rubbish, or the act of graffiti becomes socially unacceptable and encouraging a responsible community attitude towards the use of resource and management of the environment.
- Planning, undertaking, administering, leading and where necessary publicising environmental beautification projects events and programmes to improve and beautify the environment, and the appearance of The Hutt Valley in particular, including, but not limited to, reducing litter, removing and reducing environment weeds, restoring native vegetation in parks and on streambanks, planting street trees and secure landscaping and planting of civic areas, roads and frontages in commercial, industrial and manufacturing zones, and developing, supporting and co-ordinating community volunteerism to achieve such outcomes.
- Raising the profile of the Trust to ensure that it is known in the community, commercial, industrial and manufacturing sectors of The Hutt Valley and seen as a desirable organisation to be associated, related to and co-operate with.
- Working with residents, ratepayers, businesses, organisations and volunteers to expand and encourage community participation in order to achieve the objectives of the Trust.
- Developing synergies and sustaining a good working partnership with both Hutt and Upper Hutt City Councils, Kiwirail, and other entities and organisations committed to similar objectives.
- Building strong, sustainable cross-sectional relationships to ensure the ongoing success of the Trust’s aims and attainment of its goals.